Our long awaited miracle is HERE!!!
Sweet little Thomas Gregg Anderson, Junior ("T") made his debut into the world on Tuesday, August 31st at 10:50am weighing 6 lbs, 11 oz, 19.5" and looking just like his big sister and daddy!!! We knew he was OURS!!!
I was so overcome with emotion. I just cried and cried when I saw him! He was perfect and beautiful in every way!! My long awaited gift from God was finally here!! He was healthy, content, happy and oh so beautiful! And the best part - everything went so well!!
My due date was the day before - Monday, August 30th. I went into my doctor appointment not expecting much. The doctor checked me and there was no dilation, so she requested an ultrasound to make sure the baby was on track, my fluid wasn't low, and we could wait until I went into labor on my own or induce the following week. The ultrasound revealed that T was healthy and developing as he should (they estimated he weighed 6lbs, 11oz - exactly what he weighed!), but my fluid level was low. So Dr. Clary wanted me to go home, get things in order for AG, pack my bag, and check into the hospital that day around 5:00pm. They would give me a pill ay 6pm and again at 12pm to soften my cervix and start the induction in the morning at 6:00am.
My head was spinning and I was trying to figure out where to start. I texted Thomas to let him know, then called my mom. She left Greenville and started her way to Florence to help with AG. Dr. Clary had walked me down to start my admission into the hospital. Thomas called me back and said he'd leave work around 2. Finally I left the doctor's office at 12:30...excited and nervous! How long would this induction process take?!? Would I be in labor all day tomorrow?? Will this go fast?? I sent out a quick email to let friends know, so they could be praying for me.
I drove to get AG and let her know the baby was coming! I came back home and my mom drove up, Thomas came home, Sandy came over to let me borrow some pajamas for the hospital....time was passing so fast and I hadn't even packed my bag! I went over everything with my mom, packed my bag and Thomas and I ran to the car. As we backed out of the driveway, AG and my mom waved good bye and off we went.
We checked in and they had our room ready and started my IV immediately. Everything was going smoothly and moving along. They gave me the first pill to soften my cervix and came back to check on me. They let me know I was having some contractions on my own too and everything looked great...baby looked beautiful they said! Thomas and I realized we were hungry and hadn't eaten, so Thomas went to get us some Chic Fil A and get our bags out of the car. We enjoyed our dinner, facebooked and texted friends. I was told by the nurses to get a good night's sleep, but that's hard when I'm hooked up to two monitors, an IV, a blood pressure cuff, etc. all night long.
Enjoying Chic Fil A...
I did my best and got a few hours of sleep. By 5am, we were awake and ready! The nurse came in and told me I could shower, so I did. By 6am the pitocin was started. As it progressed, my contractions were getting stronger and T's heartbeat was dropping some. They didn't like that, so they stopped the pitocin to give him a rest. At 7:30am they checked me and I was around 3cm dilated. They continued to let me labor on my own and didn't start the pitocin again. At 8:30am, Dr. Clary came to my room and checked me. I was at 4cm and she broke my water. She told me to go ahead and get the epidural, so I did at 9:10am. My parents had arrived (after taking AG to school) and were in and out of the room talking with Thomas and me. Thomas's parents had left Greenville at 8am.
The epidural had taken on my right side, but I was still feeling intense contractions that were 2 minutes apart on my left side. They brought the doctor back in to give me a pain block to help with the left side pain. Around 10:15am, I felt extreme pressure and the urge to push. I told the nurse, so she checked me and I was fully dilated - 10cm in an hour!! Crazy!!! Thomas went to let my parents know I was about to start pushing. The nurses called Dr. Clary and everyone else to start setting up in the room. In about 10 minutes, the room was filled with about 20 people! Tech students, the nursery nurse and her scale, OR techs, nurses, Thomas was in the corner...and we were waiting on Dr. Clary. Dr. Clary arrived and I pushed about 4 times....and there he was....a breath of Heaven in Dr. Clary's arms. Just writing this brings me back to that same overwhelming emotion that I felt that day....it truely is a miracle to see a child born into this world. The child you have been feeling in your stomach for 9 months...is outside...and in front of you!! Simply a miracle!! God is SO good!!!
We are SO blessed!!! God has blessed us beyond measure!!! Wow!!! A daughter and a son! Does it get any better than this?!?
Ephesians 3:19-21
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
And then to hold him...as he is crying!! And it is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard....pure joy! Does it get any better than this?!?
Proud Daddy holding T for the first time.
My dad (Big Pop) holding T for the first time.
I just LOVE this picture. I LOVE my dad's expression and I LOVE T's expression.
Everytime I look into my precious baby's eyes...I am reminded of how blessed I am and how good God is. He loves us so much!! We are blessed to serve such an amazing God!!
2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!



5 comments:
great post . . . loved the pics! Can't wait to meet Baby T!
He is absolutely precious! We are so excited for all of you!! Cannot wait to meet him! Jaycie sends hugs to big sis, AG!
What a beautiful family!!!!
What a beautiful birth story, Kayne! Congratulations and best wishes to the whole gorgeous family!
This brought back so many sweet memories of Henry's birth-brings tears to my eyes! I am so happy for all of you-what a wonderful blessing!
Post a Comment