We had to get out on this 37 degree cold day to get some birthday presents. AG has two birthday parties this weekend and Thomas and I have two friends' birthdays this weekend as well. So I bundled her up in her warmest jacket, hat and gloves. I put on my warmest jacket and gloves too. No hat for me...it may mess up my hair....
I seriously felt like we were going to walk outside and there would be snow on the ground - that is how bundled up we were.
As we were driving out of the neighborhood AG asked me, "Mommy where is your hat?" I told her I didn't have one. Then she said, "Does Daddy wear a hat?" Before I could answer her, she answered her own question again and replied, "Daddy only wears his hat to the dump." (We don't have trash service, so every Saturday AG and Thomas get in the truck and head to the dump - after making pancakes. Our family has some strange Sat. morning routines. AG actually looks forward to riding in the truck with daddy to the dump. Thomas usually wears a ball cap with his old clothes.)
I replied, "You are right, Anna Grace, Daddy does wear a hat to the dump." She responded, "And daddy wears a hat to the Clemson football game too. But when he goes to the Gamecock football game, I stay at Nana and Big Pop's house because I don't like the Gamecocks." I responded, "Anna Grace, daddy doesn't go to the Gamecock football games. He only goes to the Clemson football games." And she said, "That's because Tigers eat Gamecocks."
So, now you know how my daughter feels about Clemson football and you know when Thomas wears his hats. It is on two occasions - going to the dump on Saturday and Clemson football games.
Let's see if I can find two pictures - one from a Saturday and one from a football game and we can see if Thomas is wearing a hat....I found two older pictures and it looks like she is correct.
This is a picture of Anna Grace and her friend Hayley tailgating before the Clemson game. Anna Grace is 18 months old and Hayley is 2 in the picture. And look behind them - Thomas is wearing a hat.
This picture was taken on a Saturday. Thomas usually mows the lawn after his trip to the dump. As you can see, he is wearing a hat. So, Anna Grace was right.



1 comment:
It seems you have raised Anna Grace to be a true Clemson tiger fan. I know you guys are so very proud of her. Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment