Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Making goodies for the neighbors



Anna Grace and I enjoy making goodies for the neighbors at Christmas. We live in a small neighborhood where everyone pretty much knows each other, but sadly we don't get to see each other often due to schedules, and other things. So I look forward to taking our neighbors Christmas goodies so I can see them, and talk with them for a little while. AG enjoys pulling the wagon around the neighborhood and spreading Christmas cheer!

This is one of AG's favorite Christmas decorations. She loves to change the number as we count down the days until Christmas. When we made cookies there were 7 days left until Christmas!


AG getting all of the buckets ready for the goodies.


AG making chocolate chip cookies - the way we make them!
Homemade in our kitchen!


AG loaded up the wagon all by herself.


A close up shot of our holiday goodie buckets.


And she is off to the neighbor's houses!


Knocking on the door of the first house.
This is the home of our neighbor's Dave and Margaret. They love AG and treat her like a grand daughter. We are blessed to have such wonderful neighbors.


I love that Anna Grace loves delivering cookies to the neighbors. She looks forward to it every year. I almost didn't do it this year, but AG asked me when we were going to, so I made time to do it. It is a special time for both of us. And it makes me happy to do something nice for my neighbors. They are all so special to me.

I love that my child already sees the joy in giving. Such a sweet, kind heart she has. When the holidays are hectic and busy, the joy of a child giving, reminds me of what this Christmas is all about. God gave us the best gift of all - His son Jesus. It reminds me that it really is better to give, than to receive and I am glad AG is learning that.

2 comments:

Durst Family said...

What a fun tradition and a great way to show AG how awesome it can be to give. Sounds like she has learned well!

Our4GreatKids said...

What a great tradition!!! You are an awesome mom to teach such wonderful values and make time for this special tradition... AG is SO adorable delivering her cookies!!!