Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First day went well!

Just a quick update on Anna Grace's first day of school. It went really well! As you know, we dropped her off without any problems. AG told us they learned all of the rules in the classroom. Mrs. McCall has a yard stick and it has different colors painted on it (green, yellow, blue and red). Your clothes pin starts in the green and is moved down if you break a rule. AG's stayed in the green yesterday. She was very proud and said she got a sucker since her color didn't change. She ate ALL of her lunch!! She brought her lunch to school and was very glad she did b/c she said the hamburger at school did not look good to her. It had lettuce and tomato on it, or "salad" as she calls it, so that wasn't appealing to her. They played outside and she said she met a few friends. She said that a girl named Alex and her talked about how hot it was. (sounds like little old ladies talking!) Her only complaint was that the day was VERY long...which I know will take some adjusting to get used to. She said Mrs. McCall made a special cookie snack for the kids. That was AG's favorite part of the day (of course)!
The two bad parts of the day happened when I picked her up from school. The car line was LONG!! I left home at 2:15 and the school is one street over from our house, so I thought I was doing well until I rounded the corner and realized the traffic was backed up all the way down the road. It was all the way to the BILO grocery store!! So I sat and waited and talked to my friend Terrica on the phone...and waited...and waited...and talked to Terrica...until 3:00!!! By the time I finally saw her and she got in the car, she was crying. And AG doesn't cry much at all. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I thought you had died." Earlier in the day I parked across the street to walk her into school. We had to cross the traffic, etc. to get there. AG thought I had parked across the street again and when I didn't show up, she thought a car had hit me. It is amazing what she can create in her head...in a short amount of time! I told her I was fine and the carline was long. Then she was upset because her new shoes rubbed a blister on her foot...and it had popped and hurt. So, we got her home and doctored her up with a band aid. She was good to go and in much better shape after we got home.

All in all...it was a wonderful day and I just know it is going to be a fabulous year!!

Thanks for all of your prayers, emails, phone calls and support!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I am so glad AG had a WONDERFUL first day! Last year it took GA a few weeks to get used to the LONG day! She even fell asleep a few afternoons after school! AG will LOVE kindergarten!!!

amyop said...

I am so glad her day turned out to
be a great first day! I can't imagine when that day arrives for Griffin!

christina said...

Oh no, the dead part makes me sad, but it looks like everything worked out. So what are you doing with your full day out?