Sunday, August 16, 2009

Letting Go...

Tomorrow Anna Grace starts 5K. She has been blessed with a wonderful teacher named Mrs. McCall. We met Mrs. McCall and the asst Mrs. McGee on Friday at an open house at school. Anna Grace enjoyed meeting her teacher and loved her new classroom. She had so much fun that she wanted me to leave (and leave her there)!

Here is a picture of Anna Grace with Mrs. McCall (in the black and white dress) and the asst Mrs. McGee.


And here is a picture of AG at her table. She found her name!



I have so many mixed emotions. I knew this day would come, but I never knew it would be here so soon. I have been blessed to be able to stay home with Anna Grace over the past 5 years. There have been many days when I wanted to scream, many days when I wanted to go back to work, many days when I needed Thomas to hurry and get home so I could have a break, many playdates, chic fil a lunches, library times, playing barbies, cleaning up, playing outside, park play dates, tears, laughter, anger, but most days have been pure bliss. Wow!! I am SO blessed I have had a little over 5 years at home with my precious child. It has been amazing to watch her personality take shape and watch her blossom from a baby into a 5 year old little girl. So now I just ask myself...
Is she prepared to meet friends in 5K? Is she ready to not have me around for 5 days during the week from 7:30am - 2:30pm?? Is she prepared to handle long days at school? Will she be hungry? Will she be tired? Will she be happy?? Will she use her manners? Will she be nice to the other kids in her class? Will she enjoy learning? Will she like school? How will I be tomorrow morning at 7:30am?? Will I even be able to leave her?!?

No more long days where we sleep in until 8:15 and wonder, "what will we do today"? No more turning on the tv and watching "Martha Speaks", "Curious George", and "Arthur" until we eat breakfast. No more calling friends to meet for lunch and play. No more just her and me doing whatever we want to during the week....I thought this day would never come, and yet it came so fast. Some days seemed so long...like they would never end...and yet, looking back now, they went by so fast. Didn't I just bring her home from the hospital?? Didn't we just move to Florence??

It makes me sad to think she won't be with me when I run to Target in the morning or go to the gym. I will be alone. Tomorrow will be hard, but I know I will make it and each day after will get easier....just part of the process of "Letting Go". My baby is growing up and it makes me sad, and happy at the same time!


















































Time for the next chapter to begin!!

10 comments:

Our4GreatKids said...

Love this post and all the great pics!!! Good luck to you & AG as you begin a new adventure tomorrow!!! I can tell you from experience... she will contiune to grow and amaze you in more ways than you can imagine! We will be thinking of you guys!!!

Londa Santoscoy said...

A great update. I may have to copy your idea for baby pictures, etc. With the kids being so excited about school this makes things a little easier. Believe me I feel this change also.

Lori said...

I will be praying for you this week! I know too well how you are feeling! It's bittersweet!!! BTW Anna Grace will love her teacher! Beth is super sweet!!! Keep me update!!!!

Candace said...

Kayne,

I love your post. I know too well exactly what feelings you are having. I was there just one year ago. I cried and cried and cried...and she still had to go to school. It was a hard first day, but we made it through and she loved every minute of kindergarten. I pray that both you and AG have a wonderful day tomorrow. She will be so incredibly excited to tell you about her day and you will be equally as excited to hear all the details. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Miss you guys and hope you are all doing well. Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. She will be fine and do great and you will too. I know it's hard!! Love you and hope your day goes well tomorrow. p.s. stay busy!!

The Glenn's said...

Oh my! Boy do we share the same feelings. I am so excited but at the same time it's like no turning back. I will be praying for you tomorrow and for AG to have a great first day! I know both Hayley and AG are prepared and going to love it. They are ready to grow and develop into who God made them to be and we get to watch. Just focus on the time you still have with her in the afternoon and evenings and make it quality time. Let me know how it goes! Love you!

rita and andy said...

What a sweet, sweet post! AG will do well. Enjoy the day as much as you can. Do something fun for yourself and then it will be time to pick her up!! :0)

maddies1 said...

This sweet post brings tears to my eyes!! I am struggling with putting Ramsey in the 2's for two days a week! I keep wanting to call the church and tell them I've changed my mind, but I know it is best for him and he will love school! I just wish time did not have to pass so quickly!

Deanne said...

Beautifully written, post, Kayne.

It must be so hard! But I bet she loves to come home and tell you all about her day.

I loved the "look-back" of pictures, too.

Melanie said...

Girl, I just want you to know I have tears in my eyes! This is the sweetest letter to Anna Grace from you. I loved looking at her baby pictures & seeing what she's become. You are a great mom!

sage said...

i loved this post! love you and AG and THomas!