Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Breathtaking


Genesis 9:13-16
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Last night Anna Grace and I were driving home from church when we saw this beautiful rainbow in the sky. I noticed one side of the rainbow and pointed it out to Anna Grace. As we continued to drive I noticed there were two sides to this rainbow. This rainbow was breathtaking. It stretched from one side of the road to the other. The arch at the top was perfect and the colors were so vibrant - something only our Lord could paint in the sky. I wanted to follow it and see what was at the bottom of the rainbow!

I pulled my car over into a parking lot so AG and I could really look at this beautiful artwork created by our Lord. Wow! It was amazing and stirred up so many emotions inside of me.

I have been going through a hard time over the past few months. Thomas and I would love to have another child. We have been patiently waiting on the Lord and His timing for our family. It has been a hard road to be on, but we know that God does have a plan for us. Seeing that rainbow in the sky reminded me that God is always there. Even though we don't see Him, He is there - watching over us and He is with us. The rainbow is a beautiful sign at the end of the storm.

Last night before we left for church a storm came over our house. As AG and I ran to the car (we don't have a garage) we were soaked by the raindrops. We drove slowly to church through the rain and storm. It was literally raining cats and dogs. Then as we left church, it wasn't raining, the sun was out and there was a beautiful rainbow for us to enjoy.

It reminded me that we face many storms in our lives, and even though we may not see or feel that God is there, He is. He was there last night through the storm and He showed us He was by a rainbow.

It brought me back to my own situation and the "storm" that I am going through in my own life. It was like God painted that rainbow in the sky for me and said, "Kayne, I am with you. I know you are going through a hard time, but I am here. I will never leave you." It was just what I needed. So many of my friends are pregnant right now and I truely am happy for them - which is a blessing - because my own flesh couldn't be happy without God - so this happiness is truely a gift from God. God is truely my strength right now. It also showed me that there is a rainbow at the end of my storm. Seeing the rainbow in the sky was like God speaking to me and saying, "This is for you. Your storm is over. This rainbow is my promise to you."

Why does God paint a rainbow in the sky? It is a promise. A promise God made with Noah and the Earth that He would never flood the Earth again. And our Lord has kept that promise. He always keeps His promises. This rainbow was a promise to me sent from God last night. The words of this beautiful promise still ring in my ears today..
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Our God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The same God that made the promise to never flood the Earth again is the same God that put the rainbow in the sky last night for me to see. What a beautiful reminder that our Great and Powerful God is always there, He loves us, He watches over us and keeps His promises to us. What an awesome God we serve!!

So I will end with the beautiful words to this song by Casting Crowns -
"Praise You in this Storm".

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

2 comments:

McQueens said...

Kayne,

You are such a strong woman of God. I LOVE that about you. You always have the perfect way of saying things. God has an AWESOME plan for your life. I'm honored to be your friend. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

Anonymous said...

I love this post - and love the scripture, the rainbow (it was gorgeous), the song and the heart behind the words. Thanks for sharing this. How beautiful are struggles, only because of what God DOES with them. What a physical sign - a true promise. He is sooooooo good. I love you!