Thursday, February 21, 2008

Graham Crackers

Well, yesterday was "healthy snack" day at Anna Grace's school. All of the children were supposed to bring in a healthy snack. I looked on the counter - tangerine, banana...nothing. I looked in our refrigerator - apples, grapes...carrots...and the only thing I saw was a yogurt. I asked Thomas if I should send a yogurt with AG to school for snack. He told me I should, but I was worried about it getting warm. So I asked AG if she wanted a yogurt for snack and she told me "No."

So, I looked in the pantry and sent the same thing she takes every day for snack...graham crackers. I figured they weren't chips, so maybe I could get away with it.

AG and I were eating our dinner last night together and as she drank her milk she said, "Mommy, milk is healthy. Graham Crackers are kind of healthy, but you can't eat them all the time because they aren't that healthy." I felt horrible knowing the teacher probably told her that! I asked what the other children had - AG told me they had grapes and apples...all kinds of healthy snacks.

In the words of my good friend Sallie...."I have a mom tip." On healthy snack day, send an apple or grapes with your child, not graham crackers! :)

2 comments:

Sallie Manning said...

Bee, That is so funny! I love the tip! Don't feel bad...Bess probably thinks Cheetos are a healthy snack at our house.

McQueens said...

Kayne,

Do not feel bad. Hazel took a couple of your (Lanier's) brownies for snack the other day!