Today I went to Greenville with my friend Sallie for a baby shower for baby Ames. It was fun celebrating the upcoming arrival of this precious little one. I have been friends with Ashley and Sallie for a long time. We grew up together in Greenville and know each other very well. It is fun to think back about old times in middle and high school with these two amazing friends. It is always fun to be with people who know you better than you know yourself. It brings out a sense of freedom and nostalgia. It is a safe place where you can just be yourself. I love old friends. What precious gifts from God, these girls are to me.
We had a great afternoon together. It was fun to see Ashley and spend some time with her. It was also fun to spend some time with Sallie in the car. I am so thankful God brought these girls into my life when I was younger and I am thankful we have remained close friends.
Here is a picture of us today at the shower. Sallie is pregnant with her third child (a boy due on December 5th - My Birthday!), Ashley (pregnant with Ames) and me.



No comments:
Post a Comment