Well, Anna Grace asks at least once a day when we will have a baby. We have a lot of friends who are pregnant or just had babies. Five girls in my Sunday School class just had babies - two of the moms are Sandy and Katie - my good friends and mother's of AG's good friends - Caitlyn and Hazel. AG's friend Maegyn has three sisters, so AG LOVES to play at her house. My sister Sage just had a baby, Walker - which made Wyatt a big brother. My friend Ashley is pregnant and due in the next few weeks with a boy. My friend Sallie is pregnant with her third child (a boy) due in December. Her oldest daughter, Bess, and AG are close friends. My friend Mary is pregnant and due in December. Her son Spencer and AG are close friends and talk about each other all the time. They plan to be married one day. My friend Melanie just had a baby boy - so that made Baby Will a big brother. And my friend Pam is pregnant with her second child (a boy) and due at the end of August. AG and her daughter Sarah met at ballet class two years ago and have remained close friends. Another friend just had a baby last night - Cheryl had a baby boy. Lucy is friends with AG, so AG was glad to hear Lucy is a big sister, but wanted to know when her baby brother or sister would be arriving.
AG has a plan for when our "baby" comes. She has decided she wants a brother and a sister and the sister can share her room, and the brother can sleep in our guest room. Such plans she has. Today she told me we need to start thinking about names for our babies.
AG has been attending VBS this week at my friend Pam's church. Pam just sent me an email of a funny conversation she had with AG last night. Here it is...
I forgot to tell you something funny that happened last night. I was having a little bit of deer in the headlights by the end of the night (could you tell?), so maybe that's why. Anyway, sometime during the night - maybe storytime - I was sitting in a chair and AG came over to sit in my lap. We were having trouble both getting comfortable, so I finally put her down and told her I didn't think it was working. She turned, pointed at Sarah, and said, "I guess my bottom is bigger than hers." I told her no, that it was that my tummy was bigger than yours and explained that the baby was the problem. She seemed very surprised and interested about the baby and questioned me about it - like, really? there's a baby in your tummy? Then she turns to Sarah and says very excitedly (as if this would be NEWS to Sarah), "Your Mom has a baby in her tummy!" Sarah just replied, "yeah, I know."
I thought her excitement was so sweet. I know I have told her Mrs. Pam is pregnant and Sarah will be a big sister soon. I guess last night made it more real. AG wants to have a brother and/or sister so badly. I remind her that I would love a baby too and we need to continue to pray and ask God to give us one. Thomas said she even prayed the other night for God to put a baby in mommy's tummy.
Out of the mouth of a child come such sweet words of hope. We do hope the Lord hears our prayer and answers us soon.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Keep praying, Kayne! God definitely has a plan for your family. I know he hears your prayers. We want you to have a baby too...the waiting is the hardest part. We pray for you guys often. We love ya'll!
this made me cry - hearing AG's sweet excitement for Pam and for her baby - I think that the Lord knows EXACTLY what He's doing and this longing will be fulfilled. I love you.
"A hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." - Proverbs 13:12
Kayne,
The Lord is just saving the best for last! He hears your prayers and we have been praying too. I can't wait to see what He has in store for you! I love you!
I am praying for you, too! God is working on your plan right now!
Love you and we look forward to seeing you lots at the beach this week!
Post a Comment