Friday, June 27, 2008

A final get together



Today we went to my friend Wendi's pool for an afternoon of swimming and fun. Wendi found out she is moving this week. Her husband took a job with a company in Chicago. She and Mike moved here a year ago, and I have enjoyed getting to know her and her family. Anna Grace has enjoyed playing with Wendi's girls this past year. Wendi has four girls who range in ages from 9 to 1. They will be leaving on Tuesday of next week. Paola, Isabel, Jackson, AG and I went over to their house for a last get together/swim in her pool.

It was fun watching Maegyn, AG and Jackson play together. They all got on the float and were singing "Row Row Row your boat" while using "noodles" to paddle in the water.


Isabel enjoyed playing with some pool toys.


A thunderstorm came up, so we had to go inside for a snack and some tv.


We would have stayed longer, but Wendi's house turned into Grand Central Station. Her house went on the market today, so realtors were calling, yard maintenance stopped by and we were adding to the chaos, so we left.
Wendi, we have enjoyed getting to know you and your family this past year. We are thankful God brought you into our lives. You are a blessing to us. We look forward to staying in touch with you through the years.

1 comment:

McQueens said...

I had no idea the Wendi and her family were moving. I hate that I was not able to get to know her better. I wish them the best!