Monday, August 18, 2008

Try again...

Remember the post I lost a few weeks ago?? I will try it again. This time it will be shorter. I could spend all day on this computer, but that wouldn't make me a good mom. AG is playing very well by herself in the playroom at the moment, so I will take advantage of this time to "catch up" on my blog. I know in just a few moments, she will walk in here and ask me, "Mommy, will you play Barbies with me?" So let me get started!

It is amazing to look back and see how God has worked in our lives. He has been so faithful and blessed us with so much over the years. One of God's many blessings to us has been in the form of friends that God has brought into and out of our lives. Thomas and I have been married eight years. In those eight years we have moved from Greenville to Sumter and now to Florence. I honestly thought when we got married that we would live in Greenville forever. God obviously had different plans for us. We didn't want to move at first and tried to stay in Greenville, but it didn't work and God moved us away from the comforts of our "home town" and into different locations that forced Thomas and me to grow together as a couple and grow closer to God. Looking back, it has been truly amazing. And the special people God has brought into our lives. We have been richly blessed having known so many people. Some we are still friends with and will always be, some were in our lives for a short time, regardless of the time we spent with them, we have been blessed for having known all of them. Here is a quote I have always loved:

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

A few weeks ago (when I first tried to write this post), we had a busy, but wonderful week spent with friends old and new to our hearts.

When we moved to Florence, it was hard on us at first. Moves are always hard at first. It is hard to get adjusted and make friends. Then we found our wonderful church home, Cornerstone, and we started to make friends. One of the first people at church to reach out to me was Angela. She invited Thomas and I over for dinner. It meant so much to me that she reached out to us like she did and made us feel welcome. She will always be a special friend. She moved from Florence a few weeks ago, so we went out for a girls night before she left town. Here we are at dinner together.
Trena, Angela, me, Sandy and Missy


Then we went to a birthday party for one of AG's friends named Emma Claire. It was EC's 5th birthday party and we celebrated with manicures and lunch at Chic Fil A. EC moved to Florence last summer from Atlanta, GA. Her mom and I met at MOPS and she is such a blessing to me.

Here are the girls at the party - ready for their manicures!


AG telling the stylist, "I want pink on this finger, purple on this finger, pink on this finger and purple on this finger."


Ooh! La! La! Such pretty nails....


Emma Claire (the birthday girl) soaking her fingers in warm water.


What's going on over there? Is she doing the same thing to her nails?


Caitlyn (another sweet and dear friend of AG) getting her nails filed.


AG picking out her colors - Pink and Purple


AG soaking her nails.


Ta da...the pink and purple nails.


Then AG decided she wanted a design on her nails. - A heart on one, a flower on another....stripes, dots...


A closer look...


AG and Caitlyn with their new nails...


AG and EC showing each other their nails.


Happy Birthday Emma Claire!!


Then my friend, Terrica, from Sumter called to let me know she would be in town for a Nursing exam and wanted to spend the night with us. I watched her precious daughter Madison for her while she took her test.

AG and Madison enjoyed a tea party breakfast together.


Then they brought Mrs. Rabbit in to join in the tea party fun.


Madison likes AG's pink car!


My friend Wendi (who moved to Florence last year) was moving back up north to Chicago, so I kept her youngest daughter Ellys for her while she packed her house up to move.

Madison, Ellys and AG enjoyed playing together. AG is in a phase where she likes to be a cat...all the time!


Here are the three girls having a tea party - Madison, AG and Ellys


What a fun, blessed week we had with friends - new and old. We are blessed.
God has brought each one of these people into my life at the perfect time. I can't imagine not knowing these wonderful people - people I would not have known if we didn't move away from Greenville 7 years ago. God always knows what is best for us! I am reminded of that daily. It is amazing how leaving the comforts of home and familiar places can bring about such blessings. I am reminded of the story of Abraham. God told Abraham to leave his home and all that was familiar to him to follow a higher call. Abraham picked up his family and all he knew to follow God. Abraham listened, followed God, and was richly blessed. He became the father of all nations. How amazing!
It is amazing to see where God takes us when we listen and follow Him. Sometimes we need to be taken away from everything that is familiar to us to truly see God and realize all He has give to us.

To all of my friends and blog readers, I am blessed because I know you.
You represent a world in me that wasn't born until you arrived.

Well...AG is here...and she is ready to play. Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayne, thank you so much for sharing these thoughts. We are still adjusting to moving here... missing "home", family & friends. Ironically, all of our trips this summer have made me realize that this is now "home." I know God has our family here for a reason and I feel very blessed to have gotten to know you & AG. Your words are perfect! Thank you!

Durst Family said...

Kayne, I can totally relate to your post. When I think back to our moves and our friends (especially with our families back in Greenville), the path we have taken is EXACTLY the path that we needed to take. It is hard to see when you are in the moment, but things really work out as they should. Your post is very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

sooooo true. and i know my life is richer having you as my neighbor now. your move to sumter was to our advantage and now to florence, our full gain. the lord is perfect in His ways. they are always right. this post hit the nail on the head.

McQueens said...

I'm crying as I read this....You are so special to everyone you meet, Kayne. I don't want to know what our lives would be like with out you and AG. So glad you're back in town. The birthday party pics are precious!