This post goes right along with the last post. We have been blessed with so many wonderful friends. It was great to get to see some of our dear friends in Greenville along with special friends in VA (that used to live in Sumter).
My dad travels a lot with his job. He was away for the week we were in Greenville. My parents and Thomas' parents live in Greenville, so is a treat for AG to get to spend time at both houses. AG spent a few nights with Thomas' parents (Gram and Gramps) and enjoyed VBS at their church that week. While she enjoyed time with Gram and Gramps, my mom and I enjoyed some time together. I also took advantage of this time to visit my dear friend Ashley who just had her second baby - a boy named Ames. Ash and I have been friends since 7th grade! We had a great afternoon catching up and spending time together.
Here is a picture of me holding sweet 11 day old baby Ames
Mom and I decided AG's hair was out of control and needed a style. Greenville has a cute kid's haircut place called "Snip-Its". We took her there to get a "hair shaping". It was such a fun experience and AG loved it.
Here is a picture of AG before her haircut.
Here is a close up - WILD HAIR! The green card in her hand was given to her. She holds it during her haircut and uses it to redeem a prize when the haircut is over.
The sylist and I decided a nice angled bob would look good on AG.
Here the girl has taken some of the bulk out of the back of AG's hair.
All done!
Time for a sugary surprise!
A picture of AG when we got home (back to my parent's house). She was having a snack (with her new haircut) wearing a princess dress up. I couldn't resist taking a picture.
Haircut from the front...I told AG NOT to smile!
We also got to visit with another special middle/high school friend. Sweet Dana and her girls - Hayley and Ella. Dana and I have been friends since 6th grade. She has been a special friend to me. We always enjoy getting together and getting our girls together to play. They always play well together. They love to play dress-up. AG, Hayley's friend, and Hayley have fun in Hayley's room.
And of course the girls always like to make silly faces!
We had a special treat when we got back to Nana and Big Pop's house (my parents). Aunt Sage, Wyatt and Walker were there!! AG and Wyatt always like to play with the sand table together. Notice my child has already changed clothes. It is an Indian girl outfit that my mom made.
AG and Wyatt enjoyed climbing this BIG rock in my parent's yard.
They enjoyed watching videos together...
And going to play at an indoor playground when it was too hot to be outside.
AG and Wyatt on the bouncy slide. AG is at the top and Wyatt is sliding down.
AG is at the top again and Wyatt is sliding down again.
Then we met Thomas at Carowinds in Charlotte. We had a great time and AG had fun. Her favorite ride was the Carousel. She always loves the carousel the best.
AG and Thomas on one of the roller coasters. If you look closely, you can see Thomas waving.

AG and me on the "Little Bill" boats.
AG and Thomas ride the car. AG loved it was pink.
AG picked out a pink jet to fly.
AG and Thomas on Azul - Dora's train ride.
AG's favorite horse on the carousel. Her name was Margot.
Then we headed to Blacksburg, VA to visit our special friends - Todd, Mary and Spencer. Mary and I met each other in Sumter when Thomas and Todd worked together. Mary moved to Sumter when she was 6 months pregnant with Spencer and I was 10 weeks pregnant with AG. God brought her into my life when I needed another mommy to talk to about things. She has been such a blessing to me and I will treasure her friendship forever.
AG and Spencer always enjoy going swimming together.
Spencer and AG swinging at the park
And running together...
Todd watched the kids, so Mary and I could have some time together. We enjoyed sushi!! It was wonderful and beautiful to look at. I had to take a picture.
AG and Spencer at the Frog Pond.
AG and Spencer playing with another sand table!
And swimming at home again.
I have never added a video before, so I hope this one works. Mary and I were talking while AG and Spencer played in the pool together. They both kept singing and singing about anything and everything. The funniest part was that they both kept trying to out sing each other. (Scroll down to the bottom of my blog and pause the music so you can hear the kids singing!)
And with Mrs. Mary at dinner...eating Yummy Pizza! Mary is pregnant with her second child - due on my birthday in December!
And then out for Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
Before we left town, we took a picture.
Ta Da!

We have had a wonderful summer. It has been so much fun to visit with friends - old and new. It has also been fun to spend time with family. What a great summer we have had! I see why AG didn't want it to end.



4 comments:
love this post - you got some really cute pics and some really special moment with special people. I love the video - the pics of wyatt and ag are precious!
We had the best time with you all! Can't wait for pumpkin season! Thank you for your friendship. It is true that God had His hands all over that! You reached out to me and I am only the Christian I am today because of you! You saved my life. Literally. Thanks for making the trip! Thanks for the precious memories.
Love AG's hair!!
Welcome back....and thanks again for taking the women's ministry pic for me and Mel!
I was thinking yesterday that it looked like AG had a haircut. It looks great as always. Hazel wants a perm so her hair will look like AG. Should I do it?
I'm so happy you got to spend time with your family and dear friends and got to go to Carowinds. We are going next week (Labor Day.)
I'm so glad you made it back to Florence safely....
Post a Comment