Yesterday on the way to school AG asked me when she could go back to Mrs. Thompson's class (her teacher last year). I asked her why she wanted to go back to Mrs. Thompson's class - expecting her to say something about snack time, recess, etc. She responded,"In Mrs. Thompson's class, the bathroom was down the hall. We had to walk to get there and had lots of privacy. This year the bathroom is in the classroom and another class shares it with us. I am scared to shut the door, so the other class watches me go to the bathroom." I chuckled to myself as I pictured the scene, and asked, "Why are you scared to shut the door?" She said, "Because if there was a fire, I would be left alone in the bathroom. All of the firemen would come and no one would find me." I was surprised she even thought that. Nothing tragic has ever happened to her that would make her think that. Then I was taken back to when I was a child and had some of those same thoughts when I went to the school bathroom. I told her that when I was her age, I used to think things like that too. She liked that I had felt that way too. Then I told her that the good news was that it never happened, and if it did, I assured her that the firemen would find her.
Good news! She used the bathroom and shut the door!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
How cute! I have been telling Will stories of my childhood lately with my sister, Aunt Stephanie. He loves this! In fact, he's requesting a new story every night. It's forcing me to dig up old childhood memories. I love it! Keep up the good work, AG!
Kayne, I have to agree with AG! It's been over 7 years since I've had privacy in the bathroom so Mrs. Thompson's class sounds awesome to me! I'd want to go there too!
how funny is this? she is too funny. i can only imagine that scene. that is really funny. i love her.
I would be scared too if I thought of it that way! AG is all about her privacy in the bathroom!
Post a Comment