I love the cooler air, the leaves changing colors, the smell of leaves burning, Clemson football games, and holidays.
There is something about celebrating holidays with a child. It is so much fun to see the holidays again through the eyes of a child. I love it! I already have my house decorated for Halloween. AG loves it. I love watching her play with the decorations. The decorations are never in their correct places. The black cat that is supposed to sit beside the fireplace is sitting in Shug's chair at the moment. Earlier today it was in Shug's bed - napping I guess. And the black spiders on the dining room table are in a line - maybe talking or having a meeting? The indians and pilgrims that sit on the drum table are in her playroom - in the barbie house. You have to love kids and their imaginations! I am looking forward to getting the Christmas decorations out soon, so I can watch AG play with the manger scenes. I cherish these special moments and memories so much.
The other day we were at the store and AG wanted to buy some pumpkins, so we did. She enjoyed painting them when we got home.
Getting ready to paint the pumpkins

Our inherited cat - Little Foot - is resting on the playhouse porch. Look closely and you will see him in the picture. Little Foot isn't supposed to be in our backyard. Shug doesn't get along with cats and usually chases him out of the yard. Shug didn't see him resting back there. So I took a quick pic, then Shug chased Little Foot out of the yard.

Painting away...

So much fun! My poor child - in my eagerness for the seasons to change, I dressed her in black long sleeves and pants. Yes, it was 80 degrees outside.

And of course, what would Halloween be without a costume for shug?

AG picked it out. She wanted Shug to be a Ballerina Princess.



3 comments:
Another neat thing that great moms do :)
I love all your new pics & posts... AG is so adorable, Jaycie misses seeing her on a regular basis. We didn't make it to this playdate b/c of the whole food allergy thing... but it sure does look like everyone had a great time! Hope to see you soon!
They really should make southern holiday clothes. I remember last year for Halloween I put CC in a fleece pumpkin jumper with feet and it was a warm time - poor baby!
Post a Comment