So, imagine my surprise when AG's teacher asked me to come in and meet with her about the pilgrim costumes I needed to make for the children to wear in the Thanksgiving play at school. The What?? Does it require sewing?? When did I agree to this?? These were all questions that quickly ran through my head. I was relieved when I saw that the bonnets, hats, and collars required no sewing; just some staples, scissors and glue. Now I could handle that!
Remember last week when AG was sick?? Well, in addition to decorating my house for Christmas, I also made pilgrim costumes for the Thanksgiving play at AG's school. They turned out well and the kids did fabulous in the play!
AG's teacher is from Scotland and she has family in town visiting for the week, so she wasn't at school on Friday. Guess who was the substitute teacher?? Yes, it was me. I enjoyed the day spending time with AG and her friends.
Time to line up and walk to the fellowship hall.

Is it time to go in yet?

Waiting out in the hallway while the parents are seated.

Singing in the play. Different classes were corn, turkeys, pilgrims and indians.

Enjoying the feast in the classroom.

Happy Thanksgiving!!



3 comments:
How special that you were able to be AG's substitute teacher on the day of her play!! Nice timing!
Bee, You did a wonderful job w/ the costumes! Anna Grace and her classmates look so cute!
I agree with Sallie, you did an awesome job with the pilgrim costumes. The pics are so cute! I know you are the greatest room-mom/substitute teacher
Post a Comment