
What do you do when your daughter is sick for the third day in a row? It is rainy outside and you have no where to go?
You put up Christmas decorations!!
That's right! AG and I decided to put up Christmas decorations since she still has a fever and we could either put up Christmas decorations or watch Noggin again...and there is only so much Little Bear that I can handle before I start falling asleep.
I always enjoy watching AG go thru the boxes of Christmas decorations as she finds treasures she hasn't seen in a year.It is precious and means so much to me. I took a few pictures as she unwrapped some of the treasures.
What could it be??
Such excitement and anticipation - it is almost like unwrapping presents before Christmas!

One of AG's favorite things to do??
"Talk up" her manger scenes.
She LOVES her manger scenes and enjoys playing with them so much.

She took time to set up each manger scene.
I love to watch her set up the manger scenes and play with them...

and decorate her Christmas tree.

We had such a special day together today. Sometimes it takes my daughter getting sick to force me to slow down, give up commitments and spend some special time with her. I enjoyed today so much. We had a wonderful day. AG still had her fever this afternoon and was back on the couch lounging around, so I gave her some more tylenol to help her feel better. By evening, she was feeling better and ate dinner! That is the first real meal she has eaten since Monday. She has an ulcer in her mouth that is making it hard for her to eat food.
She took her antibiotic and we played a few games tonight before bed. Thomas is out of town for the weekend with some guys from Sunday School, so it is just AG and me. We had a very special night and I enjoyed every minute of it. We decided to watch a video together before bed. As AG laid on the couch, she said to me, "Mommy, get a blanket and come and lay with me." It was so sweet. I love my daughter so much and am thankful God gave me a special day with her today! I am praying she will be healed and back to herself soon!



3 comments:
What a great way to make the best out of a bad situation! Looks like you both had a very special day and night!
What a special day. Oh I can't wait for those days...
What sweet memories....so glad AG is feeling better
Post a Comment