Friday, November 7, 2008

Pets



Well, we now have three pets.
We have two cats that we inherited from the neighborhood named Little Foot and Sylvester. A neighbor was feeding them and then he decided he was too old and couldn't keep up with them, so he brought their food to me (knowing I wouldn't say no). So AG and I feed the cats twice a day every day. AG loves them and is so glad we have cats. Thomas is glad they stay outside ALL the time. They are pretty easy and low maintenance. The only thing we really do is feed them, talk to them and brush them. Well, I was out in the yard the other day and my other neighbor (Mr.Dave) told me he had some mail for me. He went inside and brought me an appointment reminder card from the vet for Little Foot. Yes, he is due for his shots. So, I guess that was his way of officially turning the cats over to me. So they are "ours" now. I guess we will have to find them a warm place to sleep for the winter. We don't want them to be cold.

Here are some pics of our cats

They love to eat their food.


Sylvester loves to catch some rays in the pine straw beside the shed.


Little Foot loves to taunt Shug...
You can see Shug barking at Little Foot.
Shug can't get out of the fenced backyard.


Shug isn't too sure about our new pets. She has chased them out of the backyard many times. I am surprised the cats keep coming back in the backyard. They are sweet and we have enjoyed having them around. It is nice to have low maintenance pets.

2 comments:

McQueens said...

Hazel is so jealous of these cats, but I just remind her of Sarah, our poor cat that we abandoned...The only pet we'll be getting is battery operated!

Sallie Manning said...

That makes me want some cats at our house! I can't wait to meet them!