Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

Ok, so if you are in the Facebook world, then you know about this note that has been going around called "25 Things about Me". I have been "tagged" by a few friends in it. If you are tagged, then that means they want you to do it too and send it on to others to read. I have read a few of my friends and really enjoyed them, but just didn't have the time to do it myself. I even told a friend, "I probably won't do it because I don't have the time." Well, I guess I just ate my words.

I was up early this morning with AG. She woke me up at 4am throwing up. The good news is, I think she is fine. It is probably just the stomach bug. So, as she was watching tv this morning, what did I find myself doing??

The 25 Random things about me post!!

I thought I would share it with you too! I know some of you aren't on face book, so enjoy!!

1. I am married to my highschool sweet heart. Thomas and I started dating in 10th grade. We had assigned seats beside each other in Biology class. On the day he asked me out for the first time, I needed a ride home from school. My friend Sallie insisted we ask Thomas for a ride. I was so emabarrassed, but we did ask him for a ride. Thomas wanted to be "cool" to impress me, so he took off the tee tops on his car, and blared "Smells like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana the whole way home. It was the start of a beautiful relationship! :)

2. I love to have conversations with Anna Grace. She has taught me so much about life. I am seeing life thru a whole new set of lenses - thru the eyes of my child. What a blessing that God has given her to me to raise. I am humbled when I think that He chose me to be her mom. Such a blessing she is!

3. I love spending quality time with Thomas and Anna Grace. I could be anywhere in the world with them and be happy. They both mean so much to me. I am blessed to have both of them in my life. In the words of Jerry McGuire - "They complete me."

4. I became a Christian when I was 7. Of course I did a lot of backsliding, but as the scripture says, "Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." I am very thankful and blessed to have been raised in a Christian home with parents who did not give up on me and a sister who prayed for me A LOT!!! Her prayers were answered. My prayer is that my Anna Grace will accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior at a young age too.

5. I was baptized in an above ground pool at the 4th of July celebration at my church. Wooo hoo!!

6. I was Patty Simcox in my highschool's play "Grease" . My sister was her too. We alternated the character on different nights. Who knew we would both be chosen for the same part?? I guess we are more alike than we think!

7. People (who just meet me) think Sage and I are twins. Sage and I have entered a store together and people's jaws drop and they run up to us asking us if we are twins. The funny thing is we think we look NOTHING alike!! She has black hair, and a darker complexion. I have auburn hair and lots of freckles and fair skin. I don't see the resemblance, but love that people think I look like her, because I think she is beautiful!!! And I wish I did look like her!

8. Thomas teaches Sunday School at our church. He is an amazing man and such a servant of God. He is such a blessing. He is a spiritual leader, hard worker, helper, wonderful father, wonderful husband, such an encourager to me, and my best friend. What means the most to me is that he prays for me. Such a special gift he is. I am blessed.

9. New Years resolution - joined the gym with some friends and am LOVING it!! Who thought I would actually look forward to going to the gym?? Of course, I think having friends there helps!! I look forward to seeing their faces when I go!! I am blessed to have such special friends in my life.

10. I am from Greenville, SC and cosider that "home". My parents and Thomas' parents still live there and would love for us to move back. We always said we would move back to Greenville, but now I am not sure. We will see where God leads us. I never thought we would live in Sumter, SC or Florence, SC. God has a way of taking us out of our comfort zone and making us rely on Him. What an awesome God we serve!!

11. I miss my sweet high school friends and college friends more than they know. There are many times that I wish we could all go away for a girls weekend - laugh, relax, and just spend time together. I hate we don't get to see each other more often.

12. I have met some famous people.....I baby sat for Dwight Clark's children. Dwight Clark was a professional football player for the San Francisco 49s. He is most known for "The Catch".

13. My blood runs orange! I am a Clemson Tiger fan and have been ever since I was a kid. The first word AG spelled was CLEMSON! We didn't even know she knew how to spell it. We were eating in a restaurant and a man walked in with a Clemson hat on. AG said, "Clemson! C L E M S O N!!" Who knew??
It did make us all proud!! Just goes to show - children learn by watching us - more than we think they do.

14. Thomas and I love getting away together and wish we had the time and money to do it more.

15. I was pregnant with AG (7 weeks) when we went on our trip to the Bahamas. Had a fun time, but wish I could have enjoyed the trip more. I had horrible morning sickness with her.

16. Thomas and my first "baby" was a precious Jack Russel Terrier named Scoot. She was the best dog in the world and we loved her dearly. She was 4 when she died (and I was pregnant with AG when she died, so AG never met her) from a seizure disorder. We were driving her to the animal hospital in Columbia and she died in Thomas' arms. It was a horrible night. Thomas still won't talk about it. AG never met Scoot, but talks about her all the time. Once again, just goes to show what children pick up.

17. We have two cats (Sylvester, Little Foot) and one JRT named Shug. Shug turned 8 years old yesterday. We love our pets dearly.

18. My sister calls me ARA. It means Animal Rights Activist. Yes, you could say I do LOVE animals. I can't tolerate animal abuse. It sickens me to no end, and sends me into temporary depression. I can't think of it, or I could go into a dark place and never return.

19. Some nick names I have - Ching, Chinger, Ding, Dinger, Bee, Tink, Big Daddy Kayne, Big, Bigster, CoCaine, Sugar Cane, Hurricane, etc. etc. the list goes on. And you would be surprised how many people think they are the first to think of a nickname for me or ask me the question, "Where is Abel?" Believe me, I have heard it. You aren't the first!

20. My favorite food is PIZZA!!! I could eat it all day everyday!! Some of my fav places - Frodos Pizza, Pizza Inn and California Pizza (at the beach).

21.I recently reailized I like sushi!! Who knew??

22. I LOVE Chai tea!!! I think a hot cup of chai to start the day makes the day better!

23. I have thrown up many times in my life. I used to get car sick as a child, so I threw up about every time I got in the car. On the night I went into labor with AG, I didn't want to make a big deal about having contractions and how horrible I felt, so I sat thru dinner at Ruby Tuesday and then ordered an ice cream sundae for dessert. About two hours later, I went to the hospital at 4 cm dilated. I got my epidural at 7cm dilated....I have never felt such horrid pain in my life...as labor pains. The epidural was a blessing!!! And when I was 10 cm dilated, and ready to push, all I could do was throw up the ice cream sundae. Then I pushed and AG was out. She was here by 5am the next morning. Probably would have been sooner if I hadn't eaten the ice cream sundae!

24. I have saved my sister's life 3 times - once when she choked on a cinnamon disk, once when she locked herself in a refrigerator and couldn't get out (or breathe), and once when she rode her bike into the road (and a car was coming). I still have a scar/freckle on my shoulder from saving her life from the bike in the road. Once I brought her back onto the driveway, I fell and hurt myself. I have always felt like my sister's protecter. I would do anything to save her - even risk my own life!

25. I love to laugh, enjoy life and have a good time!!

2 comments:

Our4GreatKids said...

I love these!

Adele and Bryan said...

Kayne, these are so great! I am not on facebook (yet) and had heard about this so I am glad I just happened to check your blog today! I had forgotten all about the tee tops - what a hoot! Our love to all of y'all!!!!