Monday, July 7, 2008

Rub a Dub Dub

Three frogs in a tub...


Who says picking up frogs and playing with them is just for boys??


This princess loves to play with a frog or a bug or a caterpillar. This summer has been amazing so far and AG has enjoyed finding and holding all of the critters in our yard.


Last night AG found three frogs in our yard. She picked up each one and put them in a bucket and gave them each a name - Sarah, Elizabeth and Benny. Benny is the boy - the dark, scary one and the "twins" are Sarah and Elizabeth - as AG said. AG played with them, found each one a different home, and let them visit each other for a while. Then a storm came up, so she placed each one in their home and left them for the night.

This is Benny in his safe home. You can see him at the bottom of the tree. I think he was relieved a four year old was no longer playing with him! :)

AG came out in the yard this afternoon and went to each of the frogs' homes. She was sad they were gone. I told her they would be back and we would find them again.

Who knew someone as girly as AG would also love to play with frogs and caterpillars and things like that?!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's such a cool little girl :)

Our4GreatKids said...

Jaycie can't wait to see AG on Thursday! They will have a blast... we have several frogs in our yard, too. One likes to burrow in the sandbox, so we will have to look for him while she is here! -Jennifer

McQueens said...

I used to play with frogs all the time too! We had fun with you guys tonight. Sorry I was kinda out of it, I had a long day. Thanks for the prayers!

Charissa said...

Yeah for AG - I thought you guys when I saw this TuTu shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5359559
I bet the net could be used to capture frogs.

Melanie Turner said...

I was not & am still not into critters, thus I'm afraid Will has taken after me. He'll say, look mom a spider, but won't touch it. I hope I haven't made him girly! I hope AG continues to find more earthly things...you go girl!

threeladsandonelass4me said...

Love it:) Who said girls can't play with frogs too!