We started off our day with a visit from Anna Grace's teacher. Her teacher came to our house this morning to meet AG. We had a wonderful visit with her and AG loved her and didn't want her to leave. She brought puzzles for AG to put together. Then AG drew her a picture. Then.....AG dressed up like a cat. And was a cat the rest of the time her teacher visited.
AG is going through this cat phase...and it is cute and weird all at the same time. I didn't go thru this as a child, so I don't quite get it. I am sure it will pass and I try not to pay too much attention to it. But it does worry me when she starts asking for her breakfast and dinner....on the floor. Yes, that is right. She wants her meals on the floor so she can eat them like a cat. At first I played into it, but now I am tired of it. So, I told her today we can't do that anymore.
I decided to do something special for lunch. I told her I would make us a Princess Tea Party lunch. She got excited and picked out her favorite foods from the pantry - pretzel sticks, peanuts, oreos, an apple, and a peanut butter sandwich. I even made special "pink" raspberry lemonade.
We had a wonderful lunch together. We sat at her special table together and enjoyed our lunch. I like to pretend to have a fancy accent and call AG "dahling", but she doesn't like that and asked me to be mommy, so I did.




What a fun and special day. I have a few friends whose children started 5K this week. It makes me sad to think AG will be starting 5K in one year...time flies. It reminds me to treasure these special moments. They won't last forever.



5 comments:
What a fun lunch! Treasured times! About the cat thing, it will pass. Jessica was a horse when she was little... at first it was cute, then it got old, then frustrating when she would neigh at adults she wasn't comfortable with when they asked her questions... which resulted in a long talk and rules we put in place about when she could be a horse and when she had to be Jessica. Now... she still religiously pretends to be a horse, but only during play time. Funny, the stages they go thru! Good luck!
Kayne, I literally laughed out loud at AG being a cat. That is the funniest thing. It could be worse. One of my college friends (a girl) went through a childhood phase where she pretended to be a boy. Her name was Bill and she did everything like a boy, including using the bathroom (hehe). At least cats are clean and quiet!
My niece and nephew (6&4) like to get in the dog cages when we are together for holidays. I'm fairly certain they have had snack there before. I also had a friend with a 4yo that stuffed himself in a storage container. http://funmajors.blogspot.com/2008/08/to-show-or-tell.html
Hey, I am glad AG had a good visit with Mrs. B! She will have a great year! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with AG, I will miss not seeing her! Lori
I have seen AG dressed up like a cat, but I didn't know she watned her meals on the floor. I can't believe our girls will be going to 5K next year, it is sad! See ou tomorrow night, hope you got some rest last night!
Post a Comment