Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Babies



The other day AG took her baby outside and strolled her around in the baby stroller. Our backyard is filled with dirt and tree roots, so the baby went for a rough ride. After many falls, the baby was very dirty. I asked AG if she wanted to bathe her baby in the sink like a "real" baby. Of course her face lit up and she responded, "YES"!



AG had so much fun bathing her baby. She has wanted to do it every day since that day. I love it when little ideas turn into such special memories. It makes being a mom so much fun. AG will hopefully be a wonderful big sister one day. We were driving in the car and she asked me, "Why is it taking so long for God to give us a baby?" I told her that I didn't know and that we just needed to continue to pray in hopes He does give us one. She responded, "I know why it is taking so long. God is busy giving everyone else one."

We do have a lot of close friends and family members having their second and third children, so I can see how AG sees God is busy at work. As we patiently wait and humble ourselves, we pray He will answer our prayer too.

I have clung to this scripture over the past few weeks. A friend sent it to me in an email as she was referring to her own situation she was going through, then my pastor quoted it at church on Sunday, so I am convinced God is speaking to me through these powerful words in Ephesians:

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Wow! What powerful words to cling to. God is able to do more than I could ever ask for or imagine. That fills my stomach with butterflies and excites me to no end!! God is at work. His Spirit is working in me. I have met so many wonderful, incredible ladies facing infertility problems similar to mine. It has been amazing to form a bond with these ladies, that I wouldn't have otherwise had because we share a common pain. I know God is using me to reach out to these ladies and share His love. This road has been hard, but I am glad I am on it. I am humbled and in complete awe when I can look back and see God using me. Why me? Because God can use anyone willing to be used to fulfill His purpose. I know this road is not over for me yet, but I take comfort in the words of our Lord reminding me that His power is at work within me. His will is being done. Not mine, but His. I am just a piece, a small piece, of His amazing plan. I can't wait to see what He has in store for us. God can do more than all I ask for or imagine. He is so good.

As I finish typing this I hear Thomas and Anna Grace praying on the monitor. I always mute the tv so I can hear AG pray. I hear her pray, "God, please give us a baby." Such sweet words from the mouth of a child. I know God hears our cries. I pray His will is for us to have another child.

6 comments:

McQueens said...

Oh Kayne, God does hear your prayers and all of ours too interceding for you guys.

You are a great woman of God and I know he is using you in this way to touch so many other women. God had blessed you and will continue to do so...I can't wait to see what he has in store for you....it's much more than you or I can even imagine.

I love you!

McQueens said...

OH....one more thing....AG is going to be a great big sister one day

Scarlett said...

I have put your desire on my prayer list...and count it a pleasure to intercede for such an amazing young family :)

Our4GreatKids said...

Kayne - you are such a wonderful example to me with your trust and patience. I love AG's response... the sweet, caring thoughts of a child! We are praying for you & we know that God has great plans for you & your family.

Durst Family said...

Kayne,

Your patience and faith are truly an example to all of us. You are in our prayers as well. I love the pictures of AG bathing her doll in the sink. Austin had a similar idea years ago when he decided that big bubba (his teddy bear) had dry skin and needed lotion. He then proceeded to put Aquafor all his bear. Nearly impossible to remove but such a sweet thing!

Lee Wilkes said...

Kayne,
I had no idea of the struggles you have been facing but I certainly will be praying for you and Thomas. Anna Grace is so adorable and I am sure she will be a wonderful sister one day!!