Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time to change snacks

AG loves to pick out special snacks. So I took her "back to school snack shopping" a few weeks ago. She picked out cheese and crackers, you know, the little packages with cheese on one side and breadstick crackers on the other? She LOVES them and was so excited about her special school snack. We bought a few packs of them to last her thru the month. She took them the first few days of school.

On Friday I packed her snack and showed her where it was in her backpack. I expected her to get excited about it when she saw it. Instead she replied, "I don't want to take that snack anymore. I want a different one." I was taken aback and asked, "Why don't you want this special snack that you picked out? You love this snack." AG replied, "That snack makes the school water taste funny." We quickly found a new snack in the pantry for her to take to school. She was delighted to take a fruit rollup instead.

Good news! AG informed me the school water tasted better on Friday. Who knew that the taste of school water could be affected by a snack??

5 comments:

Our4GreatKids said...

Love all your updates! It was great seeing you today - you look wonderful! - Jennifer

Melanie Turner said...

Got to love our quirky kids!

McQueens said...

We have the same problem of being picky with our snacks and school has just begun!

Rebecca said...

that is too funny!!!

Mommy Dearest said...

Wow. That is so familiar it is spooky! We have got to get these girls together!