Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Sunday


Matthew 28:5-7
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

What a wonderful Easter Sunday we had. Thomas, AG and I had a wonderful Easter celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Anna Grace has had many wonderful questions and comments this year about the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Questions and comments like:
"Why did the Roman Soldiers put Jesus on the cross?"
"When Jesus came back to life, he was in a different form. He wasn't the same Jesus, was he mommy?"
"When Jesus came back to life, he ate fish with the disciples."
"Why did they put spices on Jesus' body?"

It has been a great privilege to share this amazing story with her. One of the greatest privileges of being a parent is telling Anna Grace about Jesus and His great love for her.

We didn't talk much about the Easter bunny this year because we wanted to stay focused on the true meaning of this holiday. But when I put AG down to bed on the night before Easter, I asked Anna Grace what the Easter bunny was going to bring her and she replied, "A Chocolate Bunny."

The Easter bunny came. It looks like there is a Chocolate Bunny!


Anna Grace looking at her Easter basket.


Look Mommmy! The Easter bunny brought me the new Gigi video!


Mommy! Mommy! It's what I always wanted!! The Giselle video!



Then we got dressed and went to church. We had the Byerly family over for a wonderful Easter lunch after church. We ate ham, green beans, hashbrown casserole, sausage and cheese dip, pineapple casserole and rolls. It was a wonderful Easter meal. The children all played very well together while the adults relaxed and talked. It was such a nice Easter Sunday.

Mommy, I really want to watch my new Giselle video.


Daddy and Anna Grace after church on Sunday.


Mommy and Anna Grace


Anna Grace and the cat


Then AG went to the neighbors house for an egg hunt.


There's an egg!

1 comment:

McQueens said...

You guys look so great. I'm glad you all had the Byerly's over for lunch-it would be weird eating with just the 3 of you. Hazel got the Enchanted video also. Can't wait to see you guys.