As you may remember from an earlier post, I took Anna Grace to meet the cast of the "Cinderella" ballet that is performing this weekend in Florence. While we were there, AG did not want to meet Cinderella because she was sitting with the prince. When we got home Thomas asked Anna Grace if she met the prince and she said no, he scared her. Thomas asked her why she was scared of the prince and she said, "Because he kind of looked like the Nutcracker." Thomas reminded AG that she loved the Nutcracker and always watched the video at Nana and Big Pop's house. AG responded, "I like the Nutcracker on the channel, but not in real life."
The Nutcracker and Clara

The Prince and Cinderella

AG has been watching a lot of tv lately. When she wakes up, she turns the tv on. When she gets home from school, she turns the tv on. When she comes inside, she turns the tv on. When she is tired of playing, she turns the tv on. After dinner, she turns the tv on. The other night Thomas, AG and I went to Cold Stone to get some ice cream. When we got home AG went into the den and turned on the tv. I said,"Anna Grace, turn the tv off. You have watched enough tv for today. If you keep watching that much tv, you will turn into a couch potato." Thomas took her upstairs, bathed her and read books with her the rest of the night.
Yesterday we were driving in the car and AG asked, "Mommy, what did you tell me I would turn into if I kept watching tv?" I reminded her she would turn into a couch potato. She said, "But, mommy, I don't watch tv on the couch, I watch tv in my chair!" So I told her she would turn into a chair potato. She said, "Then I won't watch much tv anymore, mommy." I can just see her imagining herself as a potato!
Looks like Charleston turned into a chair potato.

This little girl is next....

Lastly, you may remember the sparkly shoes she had to have from an earlier post (she is wearing them in the picture above). She seriously wears them with everything she owns. She loves them so much. Well, the sparkly glitter is coming off of the top of them b/c she wears them so much. I told her today that she doesn't need to wear them to school b/c the glitter is falling off when she plays on the playground. She thought for a moment and responded, "No mommy, the glitter doesn't fall off on the playground, it falls off when we run errands."



1 comment:
Their little minds amaze me! Hazel is definately going to turn into a "chair potato" too. Hazel thought the Prince looked like a girl in tights and ballet shoes. Thanks for calling this morning. Since about 10:30, Hazel and I have felt like nothing was ever wrong. Thank God!
Post a Comment