Well, AG has this new thing where she calls me "Mom". Whenever she says it, I think to myself, "Who is mom? I am mommy." "Mom" makes me feel so much older than I am, and it makes me feel like my daughter is a teenager, not a 4 year old. At any rate, I am sure it will pass and she will call me "Mommy" again. I try not to draw too much attention to her calling me "Mom" other than the occassional response of, "Yes, daughter."
A friend sent me this email today and it touched me, so I thought I would pass it on to you. I think we all can relate in some way.
MOTHERS
Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of carpets.
Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little
voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or
Years or grade...It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...
The Images of Mother
4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit ! about it .
35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom ' s opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she
carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen
from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where
love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty
in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly
gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing
years only grows!
Oh, Anna Grace, my prayer is that whatever age you are at, regardless of what you may think of me, I hope we always have a special relationship where you can tell me anything - your pains, your joys, your sorrows...anything at all. I love you SO much. I love sharing life with you.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love the post! Kids grow up way too quickly and the older they get, the faster it flies!! Seems like Melody was just 4 and Josh was just 2....HELLO??? There is struggle and joy in each stage...(I can say that now because I have passed the teen ones) :) Have a great day girl!
I have progressed to mom to and always answer the same way too:) except it is Yes, Son. I love that poem.. made me cry and was something I needed to read after having a long and husbandless week.
Britton
Kayne,
This was a beautiful post. Did Steve tell you to put the sticky floor thing in there? J/K It is so true....I so much wish that I could talk things over with my mom and get her thoughts on my life. I miss her so much!
You are a wonderful mother to AG! I love you!
i love this post, too - very very sweet. i love your prayer, too :) you're "yes, daughter" response made me laugh out loud. :)
Post a Comment